OH BE JOYFUL II • Jin Shin Jyutsu® Self-Care Retreat
December 8-13, 2019
Relax, restore and rejuvenate in an intimate, revitalizing retreat at the easily accessible yet remote and luxurious beachfront Baja eco-resort of Prana Del Mar. Designed for those desiring to learn or review the foundational basics of Jin Shin Jyutsu (JSJ), a gentle touch Japanese healing art and simple daily self-care practice for vibrant aging and recharging health. Revitalize yourself with guided sessions of deeply restorative JSJ and yoga.
Jin Shin Jyutsu combines beautifully with yoga to offset the effects of modern day living — stress, poor nutrition, illness, old injuries and bad patterning. Having a body that allows us to do what we want to do, when we want to do it, leads us to joy.
All levels welcome for JSJ and yoga, from beginners to experienced
Participant descriptions of Oh Be Joyful retreat experience 2018:
relaxing, luxurious, fine dining, emotional. nurturing, regal, uplifting, magical, kindness, restful, calming, empowering, healthy, joyful, adventurous, comfortable, enlightening, recharging, peaceful, grateful, congenial, tranquil, serene, turtles, turtles, turtles …
- Deluxe, environmentally friendly resort accommodations for 5 nights
- Twice daily guided self-care JSJ and restorative yoga sessions, on mats with bolsters (workbook included)
- 2-3 evening practice sessions
- 3 delicious meals/day made with locally sourced, fresh ingredients (all special dietary needs accommodated)
- Smoothies, water, teas, juice and fresh fruits available
- Full use of resort amenities – including saltwater pool, hot tub, sauna, tranquil desert gardens, hammocks, beach walking
- Airport transfers (45 minutes each way) on first and last day of retreat (arrival December 8 and departure on the 13th)
- All sales and hotel taxes
What’s not included?
- Airfare to San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD)
- On-site spa treatments and massage
- Alcoholic beverages
- Optional add-ons, including kayaking and snorkeling, releasing baby sea turtles, horseback riding, whale watching, and more
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Optional gratuities for resort staff
We are here to take away the complexity of life and go to the simple.
— Mary Burmeister
Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.
— Michael McGriffy, M.D.
5 nights (December 8-13, 2019). Early bird pricing ends May 15, 2019.
- $1,850 Early Bird / $1,950 after May 15th – per person double-occupancy (shared)
- $2,150 Early Bird / $2,250 after May 15th – single-occupancy (private room)
$500 non-refundable deposit – please pay by May 15th to lock in Early Bird price. Balance due by September 1, 2019. Refunds will not be issued if cancellation occurs after September 1, 2019.
More information and questions
For more information, contact Communication Liaison, Debra Livingston at email@example.com. 303.931.5032
Retreat Testimonials 2018
Healing rejuvenation—are the words that come to mind in describing my first 5-day retreat at Prana Del Mar. With little knowledge of Jin Shin Jyutsu (JSJ) , I traveled to the amazing peaceful retreat guided by Susan with her extensive background in the healing art of JSJ—my mind, heart, and body were opened to this lovely simple practice of self-care JSJ and yoga. Susan’s choice of venue, gentle guidance, and beautiful energy were a gift to all who attended, I now feel I have another tool to explore on the continuum of vibrant health. — Debra L
“The JSJ and restorative yoga instruction by Susan was kindly and compassionately delivered, paying special attention to each person as we all had varying degrees of topic understanding and ability. Susan comported herself as a consummate professional throughout. It was my pleasure and delight to participate in this retreat with Susan. I cannot wait for the next time to gather together for Oh Be Joyful.
The inaugural Oh Be Joyful retreat with Susan was nothing short of amazing! I have known Susan for many years and knew that this was going to be a wonderful and exciting time together. I was impressed with her meticulous attention to detail regarding the choice of location. The site was easy to get to with reasonable direct non-stop flight and airport transportation. The food was nothing short of fantastic as it was delivered fresh everyday or harvested from the on-site organic garden and prepared passionately by a caring and personable chef. All the staff met our every need and the owner, Erik, checked in with our group daily. The nearly deserted beach was perfect for strolling and peaceful meditation. The retreat buildings and grounds were thoughtfully created, and the 7-circuit labyrinth was perfect for introspection.” — Tammra S
Oh Be Joyful imprinted my soul from day one with its twice-daily group practices of self-help Jin Shin Jyutsu and restorative yoga in the beautiful studio rooms. Beyond the present-moment enjoyment of the harmonizing activity, a long-term calm came home with me. Susan’s retreat into personal awareness and self-care included a mix of group energy with freedom for time alone to absorb the experience and daily walks on a seemingly endless beach. Wonderful people, impeccable accommodations, kind staff and heavenly meals with time to talk, all in a pristine natural Baja environment.” — Joe E